Building Pathways for Systems Thinkers Virtual Forums are one-day, online events that each focus on a specific area of interest. Think of them as in-person conferences, re-imagined in a digital format.
Attendees from all systems thinking backgrounds from novice to experienced, come from a wide variety of locales to:
- Connect and network with other stakeholders to share and learn from one another’s experiences.
- Form a community of systems thinking practitioners encouraged to assemble and learn together during and long after the scheduled forum.
- Learn how systems thinking Habits and tools content apply to the forum topic.
Forum activities include provocations, engaging learning exercises, opportunities to apply systems thinking Habits and tools to professional practice, breakout sessions, and more.
A log-in supported platform is customized for each forum and is accessible to registered participants. The platform features a virtual lobby space, large group ballroom for plenary sessions, and multiple breakout rooms that provide participants a one-click way to choose from a variety of small group sessions. The platform also provides access to all forum resources, a live twitter feed and a place to access Forum video recordings a week or two after the event.
Each forum participant receives, via mail, a Waters Center for Systems Thinking Toolkit that is customized to the forum context and includes sets of Habits cards, a forum workbook, handouts and other content that supports hands-on learning activities.
Check back later for more upcoming learning opportunities!
Past Forum Topics
- Building Pathways for Systems Thinkers: Early Childhood Forum
- Building Pathways for Systems Thinkers: Health System Forum
- Building Pathways for Systems Thinkers: Reimagining School Leadership Forum