Are you looking to deepen your systems thinking knowledge and skills? We are proud to introduce Studio Series — a development of our Open Studio offering.
The Studio Series consists of two-hour online learning sessions for a six-week time period (12 hours total) focused on specific areas of interest requested by you, our incredible network that spans the globe!
The first in our series will be an Introduction to Systems Thinking. More information, price, and how to register can be found below.
What is the Studio Series?
The Studio Series is an expansion of our Open Studio offering. The Studio Series will consist of two-hour online workshop sessions that occur every Tuesday for a six-week time period (12 hours in total).
Each series will focus on a particular area of interest throughout the entire six weeks and group size will be limited to 30 people. When you register, you will be committing to the entire 12-hour series.
The consistency of sessions and smaller group size will allow attendees to gain deep knowledge and build relationships among group members. It is our hope that the connections made continue to grow even after the series is complete.
Is there a fee?
The cost is $300 for the series (12-hours of collaborative online workshop time).
How do I register?
To register for a Studio Series, visit the Thinking Tools Studio. Please note, you will need to register for the Thinking Tools Studio to sign up for a series.
Certificate of Achievement and Online Accolade
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion provided by the Waters Center for Systems Thinking. Participants will also receive an accolade of completion graphic that can be used on social media channels, in email signatures and elsewhere.Register Now
Upcoming Studio Series:
Leading for Impactful Change
Tuesdays, July 21 – August 25
Time: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. PDT (Time converter found here)
Space is limited! Group size limited to 30 learners.
This Studio Series will help you develop your systems thinking capacity to lead impactful, sustainable change in your organization, university, company, community or team.
Class Session Themes and Highlights:
Session 1: Foundations of Learning for the Systems Thinking Leader
- Course Overview: Check-in, Course Components: Content, Connection, Community, use of online resources including Padlet and Google Docs
- Influencing and impacting systems: Leadership models and styles through a systems thinking lens
- Defining systems from cross sector perspectives
- Pre-assessment of systems thinking understanding and ability to apply
- Habits of a Systems Thinker as shared language and practice
Session 2: Habits that Support the Self-Aware and Mindful Leader
- Habits of a Systems Thinker self-assessment and deep dive exercises
- Mental Models and the Iceberg framework of systems thinking
- Ladder of Inference and practices to increase awareness of self and others: Reflection, Inquiry, Advocacy
- Application of practices to case examples
Session 3: Change over time and the Dynamic/Adaptive Leader
- Mental models about change and adaptive leadership
- Patterns and trends and the shapes of dynamic change
- Behavior-over-time graphs to surface and test mental models
- Behavior-over time graphs to envision desired futures
- Application of tool to case examples
Session 4: Systems Structure and the Designing Leader
- Mapping the system: making complexity visible — interdependencies, causal connection mapping and identifying areas of leverage connected to a problem of practice
- The leader’s role and capabilities as a designer of system structures including cross-sector partnerships, structures for collaboration and trust-building
Session 5: Systems Thinking Tool-kit for Facilitative Leader
- Exploring your Facilitator style with a four corners self-assessment
- Exploring the what, when and how of generative questioning skills
- Distinguishing between dialogue vs skillful discussion
- Using Causal loop archetypes to facilitate group problem-solving
Session 6: Ongoing Development of the Impactful Leader
- Matching Habits and Tools to desired impact
- Investing in yourself and others in building systems thinking capacities
- How, when and where to share your learning
- Paths and practices for future learning
- Learning leader reflections
Check back later for additional events!
Studio Series Cancellation, Substitutions & Refund Policy
- Payment is required in full prior to the start of the Studio Series.
- Full refund will be given if cancellation is received at least 14 days prior to the start of the Studio Series.
- No refund given if cancellation is received less than 14 days prior to the Studio Series, but you will receive a credit toward a future Studio Series or you may send a substitute in your place in lieu of a credit.