National Governor’s Association – Education Division:
The NGA Center for Best Practices Education Division provides information, research, policy analysis, technical assistance and resource development for governors and their staffs in the areas of early childhood, K-12 and postsecondary education.
Desired Outcomes and Project Goals:
- Embrace the core principles of equity, alignment, and data-driven results.
- Build the capacity of the team to achieve the outcomes of five key initiatives: governance and finance; standards, assessment and accountability; human capital; whole child and personalized education.
This project began in late 2017, and early highlights include:
- Team commitment to learning and collaborating.
- Strong awareness of a need to surface and test mental models to understand their systems.
- Growing understanding of the big picture and how to achieve desired results.